On Oct 18, 2004, at 11:11 AM, Laurent Daudelin wrote:

Well, I can't really comment on Titanium PowerBooks since I've never used
one, but it's been widely mentioned that the Titanium alloy they used was
kind of blocking the WiFi reception.

Now, it seems that Aluminum doesn't have this problem. I have been using a
17" for about a month now and I find the WiFi reception as good as the one I
was getting on my previous PowerBook G3.

-Laurent.

Just to add my experience... I have both an 800MHz 15" Tibook and a 12" 867MHz AlBook using AP and AP Extreme respectively. I live in a duplex apt with 6" concrete floors and cinder block walls. I can take these books to any part of the house, upstairs or downstairs and I have all the arcs showing full reception. I'm using a Belkin wireless router as the transmitter and everything has been functioning without drops or loss.

dan_A