On 10/20/04 12:55 PM, "Mark Philip" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I'm using a Pismo 400MHz with 192MB RAM, running OSX 10.2.
> If I was to upgrade the RAM to 512MB or higher, will there be a
> significant difference in performance? Or am I better off selling off
> the Pismo and perhaps getting an iBook G4 later on?
>
> I mainly use the Pismo for general email, Internet, audio and word
> processing. Nothing too fancy.

IMHO you are running the absolute bare minimum and would certainly see an
improvement if you upgraded. Programs like Word and web browsers would be
peppier. If, like me, you tend to keep several applications open you'd
notice a big difference as you switched from one application to another and
might even notice a small improvement in battery usage since the computer
would be doing less drive accesses.

david