I recently upgraded my PB to 10.3.5 and now Mail insists on putting a
dorky picture of a butterfly on everything I send. I don't find
anything in Mail preferences to turn this off...how do I make it quit?

Unless you're using mac.com as your mail server, the only person seeing your 'inner butterfly' is you.

To change the picture, go to System Preferences > Accounts > picture.
You can drag in any picture or choose from the pre-created ones.

Bruce Johnson

Actually, I do receive e-mails from time to time that have the picture in the upper right corner of their e-mail, and recognize them as one of the Apple photos. I picked the cat when I did my set-up, and occasionally I'll see it also in an occasional e-mail from someone else. I just called my friend whose computer is an eMac with Panther, and she does not see my cat photo on my e-mail. So I don't know why some have it and some don't. Maybe someone else might know that answer...

Claire