I was in the same position - new book or upgrade the Pismo - decided to do the latter after feeling the heat coming through the palm rest of the current ibooks and Powerbooks. Plus love me Pismo!
As well as the 7200 rpm HD, decided to get a G4 upgrade (550 MHz) from Daystar which we are currently debugging. Others have written highly of the upgrade, anticipate being able to do so soon!

        Will advise progress.
        Stuart.