On 27/10/04 12:59, "Herbert Goodfriend" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> Unless someone proves me wrong, I'm almost positive that the
>> Option-boot will *not* work on the Wallstreet. Another one of the
>> quirks of venerable Wallstreet.
>

> "Option-boot" (aka Startup Manager) is available only on machines
> with Open Firmware. I believe that the first Power Book to be so
> equipped was the Pismo.

OpenFirmware has been around for longer than that but initially, it was
pretty limited. It wasn't until the Pismo that you could do anything
interesting with it. Still, for non-"New World" ROM Macintosh, there are
still a few options that will work. If I recall correctly, option at boot
will always boot from OS 9 if such a thing is installed...

-Laurent.