At 07:25 AM -0700 10/27/2004, John C. Swanson wrote:

I just found this company who sells UDF v1 - v2.0.1 drivers for both X and 8.6 - 9. There website is here http://www.softarch.com/index.html. If I can find a free driver I will let you know.

Thx John. I found the same site this morning via reading the specs on UDF itself. Apparently the original author of the UDF ext for Roxio now works for Softarch?

That was the good news.

The bad news: I paid the $24.95 for ReadDVD!, download & installed it on the PowerBook, and it doesn't work. The web site sounds like this is full release software, but from the readme contained within the package, it is apparently unfinished beta software. It lists the inability to mount ISO9660/UDF CDs in the eratta! I sent email to them. No reply yet. :(

- Dan.