The attempted comparison of TTPro with DW does NOT Compute, so-to-speak.

        It would be as to compare the Sky with a Thought.

They are two completely different, and indispensable Tools, meant for dissimilar objectives.

The desire to "DE-FRAGMENT" an OS/X'd Hard Drive, as one would an OS/9, is to be STRONGLY AVOIDED!

UNIX, the underpinnings of OS/X, handles FILES, and everything else, for that matter, very differently from OS/9, and all before. It DOES NOT lend itself to 'De-Fragmentation', as we knew it in Pre OS/X Operating Systems.

Any unwise attempt to 'FORCE' OS/X through this exercise, as SIMANiaTEC does, can cause drastic, and potentially irreversible damage to a SYSTEM.

"Fragmentation", as we use to know it Pre OS/X, does not present a problem under UNEX. SHUTDOWN, (as adverse to RESTART), and START-UP from Cold Boot, pretty-much handles any 'House-keeping' OS/X requires;:

<http://personalpages.tds.net/~brian_hill/macjanitor.html>

a FREE Application, handles the rest.

Above is an extremely general, and superficial 'overview?)' of OS/X 'De-Fragg' question.

The DEFINITIVE Word on this, and ALL things MAC/OS/X is to be found here:

<http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html>

Surely, if there is a MAC GOD, this is HE! From His lips, to APPLE's ear. If He doesn't cover it, you don't NEED to know it. You can NOT spend a wasted moment here.

This should be Your very First, and Singular "BookMark" for ALL things MAC!

Your very first dollar spent on Your MAC, after purchase, should be on DISKWARRIOR and TECHTOOL PRO.

        MH 2cents worth...

e. -- Hail MAC!