Can someone provide a link to the site where GaugePro can be downloaded?

Thanks-Byron
On Oct 31, 2004, at 12:37 PM, Nils wrote:

On Fri, Oct 29, 2004 at 08:18:15PM -0700 or thereabouts, Nils wrote:

Internal temperature can vary quite a bit from computer to computer,
even if they are the same model. The amount of RAM, size of the hard
drive, PC cards, modem use, what apps are being used, and especially
the ambient temperature all effect the temperature of the PB. But, to
help you somewhat, my internal fan (WS II) doesn't come on until
172-176 degrees F.

Great point to know regarding when the fan turns on in your system.

So, it appears that I should attempt running OS 9 on the system for
a while and see what happens with the temperature and fan during
use in the same situations as in OS X. If the reason the fan is not
coming on because the kernel lacks support for it, then OS 9 should
solve the problem.

Last night I decided to start running OS 9.1 again on the laptop.
After an hour of use, Gauge PRO was reporting 78 Celcius, 172 Farenheit.
172 was the low point where Bob mentioned his fan does come on.
I moved the laptop atop a pillow, for it's ability to hold the heat
in an attempt to heat the laptop. 2 hours later, and the machine was
working properly and still at 78 Celcius.

I'm going to try and find some more CPU intensive applications to see
if I can get the temperature go up higher. All of this is so I can
determine if the fan is actually working as it's supposed to.
(not just turning on, as i've proven works in a previous post).

-nils

Small Dog Electronics http://www.smalldog.com | Refurbished Drives |
-- Check our web site for refurbished PowerBooks | & CDRWs on Sale! |