on 11/11/04 23:04, David Lesher at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Malcolm Cornelius wrote:
>

>>> Splat-opt-P-U plus power gives no response..
>>>
>>> Any other tricks I should try?
>>

>> Remove the main battery, remove the pram battery, remove the keyboard.  Plug
>> the mains in, wait a few seconds and try.
>>
>> Oh and wiggle the mains connector and see if there is a lot of free play.
>

> OK; I'll have to RTFM on how to pull the PRAM battery; but I'll give it
> a try. Since it charges the battery, I doubt it's the DC-in side of things.

IIRC, the PRAM battery connector on the motherboard is under the keyboard,
just at the bottom of the opening. You have the modem on the right, then
there should be a pair of a white and red wire twisted together and it's
plugged onto the motherboard.

However, I rather think that the DC/Audio board or the PMU are defective...

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

fat-finger vt.: 1. To introduce a typo while editing in such a way that the
resulting manglification of a configuration file does something useless,
damaging, or wildly unexpected. "NSI fat-fingered their DNS zone file and
took half the net down again." 2. More generally, any typo that produces
dramatically bad results.