Well I sort of found the answer.  I did a "Get Info" on a word document and
from there was able to set Word as the default application.  Everything
works fine now, with all word documents opening in Word, only trouble is
that they still have the Nisus icons with "doc" on them.  Any way to reset
the icons back to Word icons?

Andrew