There is a reinstall option when you first plug it in which will wipe it clean.
Should be obvious once you start.

 -----Original Message-----
From:   dan_A [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent:   Thu Nov 18 07:16:16 2004
To:     G-Books
Subject:        A completely different iPod question (OT)

Hi list-

I have a 12" Al-book on which I have an extensive iTunes library. I
just purchased a used iPod which may come with some music that I want
to get rid of. In fact, I would like to set the iPod to its original
settings, clean of all personalization, as it comes from the store. Is
there an easy way to return it to this state? If I do this will it want
to be registered, which I'd have no problems doing, or is that not
something to do. Does anyone have any source of info on setting up a
"used" iPod? I wouldn't think that Apple has this info but I might be
wrong.

Thanks in advance for any help.

dan_A

addressed. If you have received this email message in error, please notify the
sender immediately by telephone or email and destroy the original message
without making a copy. Thank you.