On 22/11/04 16:50, "michael Vogt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Has any ever just use Carbon Copy Cloner to take all there stuff from
> G3 iBook To G4 iBook
> that is what I was going to do with my new iBook  but then I got to
> thinking was there any thing  in the Mac OS just for the G3 and wont be
> there for the G4

I'm assuming, since you mention 'Carbon Copy Cloner', that you're referring
to OS X.

If that's the case, then know that when I got my PowerBook G4 17", I cloned
the Mac OS X system partition on my PowerBook G3 Pismo and restored it over
the PowerBook 17 internal hard disk  (which I did while in FireWire target
mode). Since my PowerBook G3 Pismo didn't have some G4-based applications
(like GarageBand), after I checked that the cloning was successful and that
I could boot the 17", I then proceeded to install the missing applications
from the installation DVD that came with the 17".

I've been using my PowerBook 17" for over a month now without any adverse
effect.

I believe that, except for some applications, the OS X system installation
is always the same no matter what the target Macintosh is. For instance, all
installations I've done on various Macintosh have all the video card drivers
for all the cards supported by Mac OS X, no matter if a given card would be
usable in that Macintosh or not.

So, if OS X runs fine on your iBook G3, then it should work fine on your
iBook G4...

-Laurent.