I think what Michael means is, "could it [the AirPort Express base station] talk to the grey AirPort base station?". The answer depends on what is meant by "talk". Michael, do you intend to use this as a repeater station to extend the range of your network, as a wireless bridge to enable your PS2 to connect to the wireless network, or something entirely different?

Cheers,
Ben