The National Enquirer reports at 6:35 PM -0500 12/1/04, Katherine Zysk wrote:

> >> About a year or two ago, I think that it has 256
> >
> > Then, you might want to take it out to see, although you might not have
> > enough memory left to install OS X. I've read a lot of complaints from
> > Lombard users unable to install OS X and many times, it was due to faulty
> > memory which, in other situations, would work fine, but would
>fail when OS X
> > is installed. I have no idea what the OS X installer does but it didn't
> > happen for a lot of users...
> >
> > -Laurent.
>
>--
>Why does the disallowed symbol come up.
>What does it mean?
>Not enough ram?
>Bad ram?

I'm sure that there are a number of causes for the "disallowed"
symbol. But the one I ran into when I installed OS 10.2 on my
Wallstreet was that I had an external hard drive connected to the PB
via a PCMCIA card. I kept getting the circle with the red slash
through it when trying to install OS X, until I ejected the PC card.

So, if  you have **any** peripherals connected to your Wallstreet,
disconnect all of them and try the install again. I'm not saying this
*is* your problem, but it's worth a try.

Good Luck,

Bob
--
If replying privately, please include my name in the To: address, so
that my filters won't send your reply to the trash.