On 02/12/04 14:44, "Danozano" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> My Powerbook Firewire has recently taken to dropping its audio-out signal
> when the cord is moved.
> I swapped out the cord and the fault seems to be with the jack.
>
> Has anyone else had to crack their PB open to repair this problem?  I plan
> to reflow the solder on the connector and possibly add a jumper soldered
> point-to-point to prevent the problem from recurring if the trace breaks
> again, depending on what i see inside.
>
> I've added an Airport card to this machine, and repaired other PC's in the
> past, so I will probably be able to get in there without trouble, but that
> will be the deepest I've ever gotten into this computer's innards.
>
> Comments? Suggestions? Breakdown and rebuild manuals?

There is probably a loose connection on the AC-Sound board. When you remove
the top case, that part is easy to spot since that's where the AC connector
is. If you can't find the problem, it should be relatively easy to find
another board on eBay and replace it.

There are a few places on the net that have detailed instructions for the
disassembling. I'm sure someone will suggest a few...

-Laurent.