Truthfully, I was being sarcastic when I said I don't wear deodorant. I don't use the kind with aluminum in it and there's no reason to expound any more on any of that. I was just replying to what I thought was an uneccessarily reactionary reply to my original post.

But, hey, whatever works for ya!

I thought it was only me! I can't believe I am sharing this, but maybe it might help others, it's just not something commonly discussed. I have NEVER worn deodorant and I'm 37. I have also never had stinky armpits either. Now, I'm not a tree hugger, about as far as you can get from that, and I am a very clean person. I have my own 'deodorant conspiracy theory'. I think that using deodorant, rubbing those chemicals into your skin, pores and glands, daily (thousands of times in a lifetime), acutally CAUSES the odor to be worse than what would naturally occur.

Sure, everyone has a natural 'odor', for instance if you've ever smelled
someones head or hair right after vigorous exercise, but it's nothing like
the odor of a normal deodorant wearer who goes without it for a day or two
and does some exercise.

When I was growing up, all my buddies used it, it's just 'what you do' when
you go through adolescense, (like shaving, may not actually need to, but it
makes you feel older) and they all stank like hell, and I thought, when mine
start to smell, I'll start using it then...well, mine never started to smell
like that.  Sure I get sweaty, but I don't reak, just the natural 'odor'
like your head/hair has...and you can't put deodorant on your head...well, I
guess you could.  ;)

I have only told a couple of close friends about this, and my wife of
course, and have made sure I asked them if they have EVER smelled any odors
from me and they said 'of course not'...then I told them I had never worn
it.

I think using it, actually causes odor, or makes it much worse, so you keep
using it...a viscious cycle.  Now, I don't think you can just stop using it,
if you have used it for 10+ years and expect not to smell...I have no idea
if that would eventually pass, or if some permanent change has already
happened to the glands/pores/whetever-dermis.

All I know is that it works for me probably because I have never used it.  I
have a 10 year old son and have already told him my thoughts on it...of
course if he starts 'smelling', I will of course tell him to start using it.
He is athletic, as I was/is.

Anyway...just wanted to propose the idea.  And I don't eat any garlic other
than whats normally in food.

Rad...