Thanks Zoltan,

I have a dying Epson 740...and a Laserwriter IINTX in the shop, with high
hopes the dos geek will be able to finger out its problem and fix it.

I have an agfa studiostar scanner on my table which works fine for my
graphics work...my, I can't imagine being in "public" and needing to scan!
forpetessake

I had a small design studio for 15years before my dh moved us to the middle
of nowhere, now I design on a barter system, newsletters for yarn, logos for
a photographer-family portraits...even my dentist is bartering crown work
for ads...tmi

> fits neatly in the laptop bag when I'm on the go.  What's the system?
> Pismo 500, keyboard light, Canon scanner, Zip drive, CD/RW drive, iPod
> Photo, iSight, Casio digital camera AND even some media if I need it.

the older i get the less stuff i want to move (my flailing effort to
simplify)...my needs are photshop, quark and the like and get up and running
what i need to accomplish my future goals for my computer projects:

1. artful scrapbooking projects enlarge and manipulate some photos...I am
not sure I like the inkjets are they good as real photos?
2. a digital camera so i can get rid of more stuf on ebay.
3. the conversion of grampa's gagillion slides on to somekind of media for
the families of his "dynasty".
4. I do need a zip drive for my lombard...can i use a blue table model? I
have some extras of these.

I do have a Nikon filmscaner 10 in an old 6100 and a Yamaha CRW4416SX but
haven't been able to fingerout the whole mess...i'd rather knit. I wish to
put the slides onto somekind of DVD with subtitles...any suggestions anyone
might offer would be printed out and carried right there in my knitting bag!

One huge glitch in the copy-the-slides thing is my Nikonscanner came with
the program in German...sigh!
where's my knitting bag?

> .Lexmark.  Hey as long as it works.

I liked the price the listmember offered on the lexmark, but had trouble
finding ink replacement for it...how long do these cartridges last...I need
to watch my expenses as the web stores usually don't barter.

Kristina
Creative Clutter is Better Than Idle Neatness!

ps why do they call it a Lombard?