Bruce Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>So pretty much anything on this page should work?
><http://computers.listings.ebay.com/Drives_CD-R-CD-RW-
>Drives_W0QQfromZR13QQlopgZ2QQsacategoryZ38116QQsocmdZListingItemList>

Yep. Remember it's a PITA to replace the optical, so I'd suggest going
for as fast a drive as possible. Since the cost difference between an 8x
writer and a 24x writer can be only $10 or $20, it makes little sense to
bother with a slower unit. Make sure the drive comes with a faceplate,
some don't and it's virtually impossible to source one separately.

One other thing. On a clamshell, the drive must set as bus Master to be
bootable using the "C" startup key. Many OEM drives by default are set to
Slave. It's not difficult to mod a drive to enable bus Master, but it's
something to keep in mind.

dan k

http://macdan.n3.net/
carracho://dankephoto.dhs.org:9700