Using Office on my Mac is not in any way a sell-out, and wanting to
streamline my work does not make me lazy.  Here is an example.

I have three word processors on my Mac, Word 2004, Nisus Express (my
favorite) and AppleWorks.  All three can open and save to MS Word format,
and for my own writing, Nisus is usually the choice.

However, and this is a very big however, I still use Word the most.  Word
opens Word documents natively, without need of translation, and saves them
natively as well.  When using any other program, unless I'm dealing with a
very simple document and no formatting, I always have need to make
corrections.  Complex formatting, tables, graphics, whatever, something
always gets lost or garbled in the translator, and whatever you or anyone
else says, I prefer to get my work done the first time, without having to
repair lost formatting first, and without forcing anyone who wants to view
my work on their computers (usually Windows PCs with Word 2000, XP or 2003)
to repair formatting due to my choice of a non-standard word processor.

Apple Mail does not have the above problem, but it still won't integrate my
email, calendar and to-do lists, sync with my Palm and even integrate with
Word, Excel and PowerPoint by grouping related documents and emails together
as Entourage does.

In short, I don't use Office 2004 because I like MS or want to give Bill my
money, I use it because it is by far the best office suite available for the
Mac, and it saves me time, time that I can spend with my family instead of
time reformatting documents.  It also makes a rather bad impression on
others when they are forced to do extra work because my documents open as
garbled gibberish, doing so it just plain rude.

Andrew