There is a shareware program called Xbench, you can use it with both RAM configurations and compare them.

On Dec 29, 2004, at 7:49 PM, Claire Hart wrote:

I have two questions, so I'll send them as separate posts.

My Powerbook is a 17" 1.5 GHz, July issue. I bought 2 GB of RAM last month, replacing the factory-installed 512 stick. What improvements should I see after having made this installation? I am not currently running anything high-powered, although I hope to finally find some time to make use of my Powerbook and have some fun. However, it seems that I should see some improvements.

I did install and run OnyX recently, since I usually don't leave the PB on overnight. That made a huge overall improvement, and seemed to restore the PB to its original state. I know that if I was working on huge files on high-powered software, with tons of photos, long movie clips, graphics, rendering, etc., I might see a more noticeable difference with the RAM upgrade.

What benchmarks are available to compare the performance of my computer with this RAM upgrade?

Thanks,
Claire

Small Dog Electronics http://www.smalldog.com | Refurbished Drives |
-- Check our web site for refurbished PowerBooks | & CDRWs on Sale! |