I have an old MAC-SE. I'm going to put a handle on it and I already have a cover I can cut a hole in it so the handle comes through.

Does anyone have any ideas on where I could find a battery for it?

Claire Hart wrote:

Personally, I bought my 12" to use as a true portable, a decision I have
never regretted, especially when I see people trying to use bigger laptops
such as Titanium PowerBooks in crowded airplanes. I actually saw some poor
idiot's 17" PowreBook get pushed by a passing flight attendant, the result
was a spilled drink on another passenger, the flight attendant visibly in
pain and the PowerBook face down on the floor with a sickening crunch,
followed by a whole lot of shouting by the fool who tried to use a massive
shelf of a computer in a confined space.

I just have to say that this is the silliest story I have heard against 17" PBs. While my 17"-er is sometimes too big for my needs (as mentioned in Digest #2068), it does NOT extend past the width of an airline seat! If the "poor idiot / fool's" massive PowerBook was reducing the width of the isle, it's because maybe he was balancing a scanner on his other leg!

American Airlines, 737, coach = 17" seat width
Continental, 737, economy = 17.2" seat width
My 17" PowerBook is 15.5" wide when nothing is plugged in to either side --- 17" is the narrowest seat I could find in a quick random search at seatguru.com.

No need to abuse your fellow listas by calling them names just because they have different opinions. Who's the fool for thinking that other people are going to believe this story?

Claire

-- Thanks - Greg Wallace

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.thescannerguys.com