On 1/2/05 1:53 PM, "Aase Marit Waage" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am looking at some other ones now, and have also sent some mails to
> some I know of that might have something, and mailed the Apple store
> asking if they have a demo model or something like that. I mean,
> getting a new one isn't that much more expensive than a used one,
> they have more Mhz, but less RAM than most and less HD than many...
> But, new is new... Warranty and all...

Buying a new or refurbished iBook may well be a better idea than buying from
a private seller.   The Apple store has sometimes had great buys on
refurbished items and you can get the Applecare plan on them.

I am not sure if Apple offers refurbished items to all areas of the world
but I have had friends buy them and they have been very pleased.

As you said "New is new - warranty and all".  Laptops are generally much
more susceptible to expensive repairs so buying new would allow you to
purchase the Applecare warranty. If you are a student or teacher you can
also qualify for the educational discount which generally reduces the price
by approx $200-300 (CDN).

Amber