Clark Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

At 8:00 AM -0700 1/10/05, R Michael Vogt wrote:
On Jan 10, 2005, at 7:47 AM, Marcin Wichary wrote:

I'm running OS 10.3.7 and it shows mail as 18Mb, 24Mb on disk.

Time to re-install the mail app.

Probably wouldn't hurt, but mine is the same size as Jim's (5 MB on disk, 4,085,684, version 1.3.9, Panther 10.3.7), a far cry from 18 MB.

Mine says  5meg also the other day I was having trouble with it not
launching very fast off the dock it was a t lest 30 to 45 sec.  so
through away my mail  preference  that did the trick

I just looked inside my copy (18Mb). Big surprise as to why it's so large, it has the full language support installed. This is a new machine with the original Apple OS install plus one update. Each language resource folder is 1.3 Mb or so.

I started using OS X about three months ago, still a raw newbie here. I did the Easy Install of OS X 10.3 off a retail CD, upgraded to 10.3.7. Mail is v1.3.9 and, like Clark Martin reported initially, the Size info is 24 MB on disk (18,020,887 bytes).

Three questions: Why the 6 MB difference in the info? How/where do you find the language resource folders? Any harm in letting the non-English folders sit there?

thanks,

Al Poulin
Anger, hate, and revenge are for the devil, forgiveness is for God, proactive self-defense is for the rest of us.