The National Enquirer reports at 2:36 AM +0100 1/11/05, Nils
Mueller-Scheessel wrote:

>Hi listers,
>
>I am desperately trying to get a Belkin Hi-Speed USB 2.0 Notebook
>Card running with by Wallstreet (2nd revision, 233 MHz, upgraded to
>466 MHz, 256 MB RAM). The Belkin-Card is supposed to run with OS 8.6
>to X, but my PB always freezes in short time when I put it in the PC
>card-Slot. It is recognized in the System Profiler, however. I have
>installed OS 9.1, 9.2.2, the USB-Card-Support 1.4.1 - to no avail.
>Unfortunately, installing OS X is not an option, as my processor
>upgrade refuses to work with it (the processor is not the culprit,
>however, as the problem with the USB-card persists when using the old
>(very sloow) processor).
>
>I have no idea if this is related or not, but my OrangeLink Firewire
>CadBus Card does not work, too (though it should as well). It is not
>even recognized in the System Profiler.
>
>Any suggestions are highly appreciated.

You probably have processor cycling turned on in the Energy Saver
control panel (or, if you're like me,  you may a similar Control
Strip Module). If processor cycling is enabled you **will** get
consistent freezes shortly after bootup.

Turn of processor cycling both in the AC settings and battery
settings and I'm willing to be your problems will disappear.

BTW you *do* know, don't  you, that you will only be able to use the
USB card at 1.1 speeds unless you are in OS X?

HTH,

Bob
--
If replying privately, please include my name in the To: address, so
that my filters won't send your reply to the trash.