on 11/01/05 20:55, Zoltan Batiz at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> On Jan 11, 2005, at 3:59 PM, Bruce Johnson wrote:
>

>> On Jan 11, 2005, at 4:23 PM, Zoltan Batiz wrote:
>>
>>> Hello All,
>>>

>>> I recently posted a thread regarding Safari's problem to go to https
>>> sites.  It hangs for as long as a minute, then once the secure server
>>> has locked, the site takes so long to load that by the time I finally
>>> get into a secure server, the website times out.
>>
>> What sites?
>>
>> I just connected to our own secure server, my bank's secure server,
>> Discover card's server and had no problems whatsoever.
>>
>> Whatever this is, this isn't a general https:// problem with Safari.
>>
>> Does this occur with other users on your system? (Always good to
>> create a test user for just these issues.
>>

> Hmmm, I think I'll create a test user and see if it's the same. .
> .didn't think of that.  But as far as the sites go, it doesn't matter.
> If it's https, it hangs.  Thanks for the info I'm gonna see if it does
> it with a different user account.

I haven't experienced it with any secured websites I regularly access. So,
I'm not sure that this would officially qualify as a "bug". There might be
something with your settings. Trying a "test" user is a good idea...

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

code police n.: [by analogy with George Orwell's `thought police'] A
mythical team of Gestapo-like storm troopers that might burst into one's
office and arrest one for violating programming style rules. May be used
either seriously, to underline a claim that a particular style violation is
dangerous, or ironically, to suggest that the practice under discussion is
condemned mainly by anal-retentive weenies. "Dike out that goto or the code
police will get you!" The ironic usage is perhaps more common.