The free version of QuickTime will nag you with this dialog very often (I believe every first time it's launched after the computer is turned on), it's normal and has nothing to do with further performance (the tip to get rid of that window: move the clock forward in time a couple of years, run QuickTime, quit, rewind the clock back).

Two possibilities I see here (perhaps they are more):
- QuickTime on your PowerBook is configured differently; there are options for bandwidth, etc. You might want to compare configuration of both computers side by side (launch Preferences on both of them).
- PowerBook has some problems with the network; do other applications have similar issues? you mention that you occasionally have these kind of problems... you mean with QuickTime or something more general? how are both computers connected to the Internet right now?

Marcin Wichary e:\> [EMAIL PROTECTED] w:\> www.aci.com.pl/mwichary >> Attached w:\> www.aci.com.pl/mwichary/gui >> Graphical User Interface gallery w:\> www.10yearsofbeingboring.com >> 10 years of Being Boring w:\> www.usability.pl >> Usability.pl