-----Original Message-----
From: G-Books [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Charlie
Richards
Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2005 14:34
To: G-Books
Subject: Dead Pismo

My Pismo wont boot up, system is powered with AC adapater as well as
having the M7318 battery inserted and charging (?) I have replaced the
PRAM battery, still no luck. I tried my other M7318 battery hit the
startup button, got the startup tone and a apple showed up on the
screen, but no turning pancake. After a while got a message to hold
down the start up button for several seconds. This did shut it down,
but I cannot boot up.
Any suggestion?

If I understand correctly the system powers on but doesn't boot into the
operating system.  First, if you haven't, I would recommend resetting
the PRAM (hold command-option-P-R for at least 3 'bongs.')

Then try resetting the defaults in open firmware.  Hold
Command-Option-O-F at boot.  Type reset-nvram and press return.  Type
reset-all and press return.

If that doesn't work it sounds like the OS is corrupted or the hard
drive is bad.  I would recommend starting up from your OS CD or a drive
utility and checking the disk.