At 9:19 AM -0600 1/15/05, del.mary.stubbs wrote:
I have just acquired a 300 Wallstreet OS 9.2  and need to use it with the
same Epson 740 that our 333 Imac uses. (I use the Wallstreet's serial port,
and the Imac's keyboard USB port.) What is the Name of the switching device
I need to get to allow this?

You don't need a switch; the Epson 740 has three ports built in: Mac serial, PC parallel, and USB. Just use a Mac serial cable to connect the Wallstreet to the 740. That is how I used my 740 with my SuperMac C500 and my Bondi iMac

Till I get such a device..., understanding the serial port is not hot-
swappable, do I need to turn off the Wallstreet every time I connect /
disconnect the printer cable?  Sleep Mode good enough?  thanks, Del

Sorry, can't help you with this as my PowerBook 145b was always turned off when connecting peripherals.
--
Sincerely,
Dennis B. Swaney

"Windows is a command-line OS with a GUI shell while Mac System 10 is ... oh, never mind."