On 18 Jan 2005, at 02:15, Aase Marit Waage wrote:

Changing to English as second, then Swedish and Danish (which I can read) as third and fourth, was the first thing I did. I thought I had logged out and back in, but to be sure, I first double checked the language preference panel, and logged out again and re-started. When it started up, it showed french during the start-up. Then when I tried to log out again, it still showed french. I really can't imagine that it wouldn't show these basic things in Norwegian, all other OS's has done in the past. I just don't get why I can't get rid of it... Maybe the only choice I have, is to start over again.

Strange. Is the menu bar still in French as well? Note that languages are handled per-account, so changing them in one account won't change them for others.

Hmmm... If I load iTunes and it's contents over to an external HD, re-install the system etc., and load it back, would I be able to access it? Then I won't have the account with the previous owner's name anymore, the one which I have to enter now to be able to access iTunes... Maybe I am forced to move the library first? I have no idea how I can do that, not being used to OS X (or different accounts in general), but I am sure it can't be all that difficult. Can you change the settings for iTunes, so that it becomes available from all accounts?

There are a couple of things you can do. Firstly, you can copy his iTunes music (normally in Users/[username]/Music/iTunes) out of his user folder (for instance, you could drag it to the root level of the hard drive). This means that even if you delete his user account, the music will stay. Then, for each account you want to use that music library in, go to iTunes>Preferences>Advanced, and click "Change...". Navigate to wherever you put the music folder, and click "Choose". Alternatively, if you only want the music in one account, you can simply move the Users/[username]/Music/iTunes folder to the Music folder of a different user account.

Cheers,
Ben