On Jan 19, 2005, at 12:39 PM, Bruce Johnson wrote:

Two, signal reception is very environment dependent. You are talking about three very different environments. the only way to reliably compare would be to use the same systems at the same place.

One tiny, probably insignificant data point:

I have a 1.5GHz Powerbook G4 and a friend had an iBook (unknown specs, I think it was a 1.0Ghz or thereabouts).

I was getting 3 bars. He was getting 5. We were sitting next to each other in a conference room.

Now you could say that I was getting a strong signal and he was getting a very strong signal, and I didn't test to see whether either of us could get outside the room. So this is all FYI/FWIW/YMMV.

I love my PB and still believe it was the right decision for me.

And I would still avoid a dropped laptop like the plague unless the price was significantly lower.

TjL