> Anybody have any idea what might cause Entourage to display the hamster
> wheel in the middle of somebody typing a message, temporarily not
> accepting typing input?  My father is having trouble with his machine
> acting like this, and finds it quite irritating.
>
> TiBook 1.25GHz with 1GB of RAM.  10.3.7 and Entourage 11.1.0

When was the last time you ran the maintenance scripts? Try downloading and
running Cocktail, Onyx or MacJanitor. Let it run the maintenance scripts,
restore permissions and optimize the system. All three are available from
Versiontracker.com as free downloads, try b4 you buy.

OS-X requires routine maintenance to keep up its speed. I'm running
entourage X on a similar setup with no problems. When my machine starts
slowing down I run Onyx (my choice) and everything is back to normal.

John

--
Television can insult your intelligence, but it takes a computer to rub it
in.