Hi all,

CouId not agree more with the last poster... I feel like commenting on some things. I apologize for being long winded. I really can`t seem to be able to write short in English, I am trying though! :)

Several has called sharing some negative experience with Apple, "Bashing Apple". I myself wrote here a little while ago, about a bad experience with Apple (when I called them to buy a new keyboard). Right then and there I was real disappointed and frustrated with the lack of service as well as the downright incorrect information I was given by the Apple Rep. Before I said "Good Bye" to her, I also politely told her what I thought about the service she gave (didn`t give) me, because I really believe in giving appropriate feedback. I then did what I had to do, went to another company that were happy to sell me what I needed. When I get to it, I will also send Apple Norway a written feedback, as I really thought it was quite serious, this lady could have caused me a great financial loss, had I believed her.

Even if I did post about a negative experience with Apple, I really do not think it has anything to do with "bashing". What I experienced, was about one person, one Apple Rep. only, not about Apple as a whole. I just find it pretty natural to share any experience and frustration with people that most likely will understand and who can also offer insight on the subject. In the given situation, had I got the keyboard, and maybe even got a nice surprise with them pulling one from a dead iBook for me, I would for sure have posted about that too. And I really think the atmosphere on such a list should be "wide enough", so that there is room for sharing joy, asking for help in solving a problem, sharing how you were able to fix something as well as venting frustration you are experiencing, even if that means that you are quite cross with Apple or the Apple Rep. you met at a store, repair facility or on the phone. We should be able to discuss all experiences, good or bad, in a nice way. And instead of assuming e.g. that the poster must have acted like a jerk, we could ask a few questions...

What good customer service really means, is also something that there will probably be about as many views on, as there are people on this list (and then some). What is fair to expect, is probably not an issue it would be easy to get everybody to agree on. It really should not matter much though, we should be able to show each other respect anyway - sometimes the only possible answer is to agree to disagree...

And to this specific discussion; I have no problems understanding the views of "both sides" here... But I must say, I think the discussion got "ugly", there should really be no need to resort to things like name calling (or for that matter, anything close to it). Even if we disagree, we should be able to keep a "polite tone" and be respectful (just as we should when approaching AppleCare personnel or any other service we are in need of).

I have loved every minute of being a Mac user (OK, _almost_ every minute), have done so since I got my PowerBook 170, around January 1992. One thing is for sure, Apple would have to treat me darn bad to get me to consider switching to a PC. To me PC`s (including my real neat, for a PC that is, Toshiba Portege), are a necessity, something I have to live with because of work. Macs aren`t an option there. I love using my Mac, it is FUN to use. No PC`s to this date has been FUN, I think, except for way back when, when I thought it was fun to poke around in DOS...

Bottom line... I think we all have one thing in common. We love using Mac`s. That is why we are here in the first place, right? LOL... Some might be here because they are so desperate for help in dealing with their "darn Mac" ;), but I really think most of us are here to lurk, share, learn etc. - in good old Mac User Group Tradition with a friendly atmosphere. Am I right??? :)

I have AppleCare for the iBook. I consider calling them real soon, to talk to them about my track pad problem. I have real difficulties believing that all iBooks are that bad, without Apple having to do something about it. I think people would have real problems using their iBook if that was the case with all of them...

Aase :)

Can we turn the page now? While not all my AppleCare experiences have been
rosy, they are consistently ranked among the best personal computer
companies in terms of both reliability and support. Individual experiences
may vary, of course. Lately I have found their support much improved from 5
years ago. BTW, I much prefer system upgrade downloads, but then I have
access to a T1 line....