on 27/01/05 06:50, Aase Marit Waage at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I hope that you or others can give me some advice, so that I don`t
> end up with a crisis with it...

If you want to backup your Pismo internal drive, and if you have only one
partition on that drive, then there is no need to partition the external
drive. Or, if the external drive is much larger than the Pismo internal
drive, you could always create a partition on the external one that would be
slightly larger than the internal one and use it to backup up the internal.
The remaining space could be used as another partition that you could
reformat, erase, etc., without any impact on the first backup partition.

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

buzzword-compliant: [also `buzzword-enabled'] Used (disparagingly) of
products that seem to have been specified to incorporate all of this month's
trendy technologies. Key buzzwords that often show up in buzzword-compliant
specifications as of 2001 include `XML', `Java', `peer-to-peer',
`distributed', and `open'.