On Jan 27, 2005, at 5:50 AM, G-Books wrote:

Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 20:43:34 +0900
From: Carl Freire <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Pismo display removal issue

Hi all:

I need to replace the AC/power board on my Pismo, a very hairy
operation in which one basically has to remove every single thing
that can be removed from the computer in order to get at the old
board and put in the new one.

In the process of attempting this delicate operation, I discovered
that my display is not easily removable. The display has two tabs
that slide into a sort of bracket-hinge thingie (anyone who's
performed a display removal operation knows what I'm talking about, I
hope). While the tab on the right side slides in and out of the
corresponding bracket-hinge quite easily, the one on the left side
does not. It seems to catch on the lip of the bracket-hinge. I've
tried sliding it back and forth, and pressing the tab to one or the
other of the bracket when pulling up, but nothing works.

Does anybody have any advice about how to get it out? Is there some
sort of trick that's not in the Pismo Take-Apart Manual?  (FYI:
PowerBook Medic makes this manual, of which I have a copy.) Or am I
stuck with trying to jam a screwdriver into the bracket with one hand
and pulling up the display with the other?

TIA.

Carl
--

Are you talking about the entire display/upper housing assembly? Meaning the tabs are the aluminum parts of the hinges. If so, it should just pull out. I would suspect a burr on the hole edge, and some working of it would set things free. There isn't a screw or anything that holds things together in that area.

---
JSH
TiBook
Sports serve society by providing vivid examples of excellence.
(George F. Will)