Good day all!

My Pismo, the very same one I am upgrading, seems to have developed a sort of
tick. In the past week, the volume is excessively loud. When it starts up the
chime is shocking, very loud and distorted. I have the volume set at one
segment of the horizontal meter using the keyboard volume controls, which reads
6% in System Prefs. Keeping it at this level setting is plenty loud enough now
for me to hear System Alerts, interface sounds, and iTunes playback. If I
adjust the volume up to even half, it can be heard annoyingly in another room.
I have no idea when exactly this happened or how. I tried the key-combination
resets and the reset button in the back, none have corrected the loud volume.
Has anyone experienced this or heard of this before? Is this a PRAM battery
issue?

BTW, the OS is Panther 10.3.6.

I greatly appreciate any ideas. Thank and have a great day!
(Heavy rain in NorCal! Feels great!)

Scott