Scott, 1.Have you repaired permissions? That can sometimes help. At least it does for me.
2. Go to printer utility; highlight the printer, what does it say under location?
3. Click on add at the top of the box. Another box should come up. Does it say auto select at the
bottom of that box? If not, highlight your printer and click add at the bottom.
4. Click utility at the top of the box, pick test print.
All this should be done while in the 2nd account. You may have to repair permissions again
after these changes. If these don't work, I don't know what to tell you.
One other thing. You're using OS 10, but are you working in classic at the time.
I have 2 different drivers for mine.
Mary

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Re: 1 printer, 1 Mac, 2 accounts

Hi Mary,

After setting up the second account, I tried simply printing first, the printer name shows and is selectable in the Page Setup and Print dialog menus, but the print jobs just hang. Then I did go to the Printer Setup utility and followed everything the Mac OS Help had to offer, but the printer does not show up in any Printer Utility windows no matter how many times I refresh.

Okay, I just tried printing again, this time in the Print dialog window there is an exclamation point by the HP printer name. This brings up the Printer Utility program. The printer is there, so I don't know what else to do at this point.

When I send the print job, everything goes as normal, I get an blue & white spraling progress bar and then the solid blue progress bar and it looks like normal, yet part-way it just stops and says Jobs Stopped. When I Start Jobs it just repeats the same over again.

This is the exact same behavior in both accounts. I no longer can print from
the original account.

I am currently at a loss, so any ideas are appreciated. Thank you.

Scott

Did you go to the printer setup utility while in the 2nd account. You might have to pick the printer again from that account.

Mary

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

1 printer, 1 Mac, 2 accounts

Hello all,

I have an issue that is eluding me at the moment. I have just put a second account on my iMac, since my PB is down for upgrades at the moment. First time I have done this in OS X (10.3.6), pretty nifty with the cube spin eye candy. After setting up the second account, I tried to print a test doc in that account, however that account (#2) is not recognizing the connected printer. The printer is an OfficeJet G85xi All-in-One type. I have tried the online Mac OS help, yet have not found a solution. Do I need to install the driver in both accounts, ala Windows style? Or am I just missing a step somewhere?

I appreciate any advice or help with this. Thanks.

Scott

-- By the time you can make ends meet, they move the ends.