Hello,

Well, it looks like my roommates iBook has officially died. Unless anyone here knows what happened to it. Now it won't boot all way. It will get to just before the login window comes up, then the screen goes to black, with white text saying, Darwin BSD: loginwindow failed to execute. Does the Mac now have a "Black Screen of Death" reminiscent of the old PC days of the "Blue Screen of Death?"

For those who want to help, this is from the original thread titled, "Strange sounds of the iBook. . ."

iBook info:  600 MHZ G3, dual USB 14"  (Son of Pismo)

Thanks for any info,

Zoltan
THE BLUETOOTH (and WiFi) MASTER