On 1/29/05 9:09 PM, "Zoltan Batiz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Amber,
>
> Food for thought:  I too was having problems with one of my PB's and
> decided to try something: I installed OS X Panther on my external
> Firewire drive; the drive that was meant to simply back up all of my
> data so I could re-format my main internal drive.  What I found was
> quite disturbing. . .the exact same problems occurred running from the
> external drive only after about 30 minutes in operation!  While this
> may not be true for you, I'm still at a loss as what is causing my
> issues, which is odd delays in some of my apps.  Just food for thought.

Hi Zoltan,

Although I did not initially realize it,  I am now thinking that there is a
pretty good chance that Panther may be responsible or partly responsible for
the problems I have been having.   I have had incredibly slow start ups,
endless crashes, and significant delays in some of the applications.

Then the disk drive stopped working properly.  I am hoping that the erase
will work and my PB will be back to working like it was before.  If not, I
will know it is a hardware issue.

Amber