On Jan 31, 2005, at 10:11 AM, Claire Hart wrote:

Has anyone tried Backup? It's offered on .Mac. I wonder if anyone is able yet to compare it to Carbon Copy Cloner.

Claire

Hi:

I use Apple's Backup to backup the files I cannot live without onto my iDisk (Now UpToDate and iCal calendars, Now Contact and Apple address books, email archives (FileMaker Pro databases), Quicken files, TimeEqualsMoney files, as well as some other stuff. I also backup by cloning my drive once a month with CCC, alternating between two different external hard drives. And I backup my "can't live without" files to our home server using file sharing fairly frequently.

I've never used Backup to copy my whole drive, since CCC has done and continues to do a great job of it.

Turtle-Bear