I would like to compare the "before" and "after" performance of this
Wall Street Powerbook. What program do you recommend I use to test it
before beginning this upgrade? System profiler is installed.

I did read the whole thread concerning Tom's Wall Street RIP project.
I haven't worked in a Mac environment for three years now, so I have
to look everything up or ask for help. I once had a Wall Street series
2 for a couple of years, before taking a job in a Windows XP
environment.
So, I apologize in advance for overlooking the obvious sometimes...
Should the harddrive be installed first? Should I boot that up before
attempting to install the Sonnet Crescendo upgrade? Don't I need to
install the Crescendo before adding the RAM?

The current harddrive is only 2 gigs, with 1.22 available.
Thanks!
Sally