on 05/02/05 16:58, Bob at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> The National Enquirer reports at 3:26 PM -0500 2/5/05, Kenneth Vann wrote:
>
>> Can anyone tell me if new batteries are available from Apple for the
>> Wallstreet PowerBook?
>
> The last time I checked (several months ago) they were still
> available. But they are v-e-r-y expensive these days. The same
> battery, from the same vendor, that I bought for $130, now costs
> almost twice that.
>
>> Can anyone recommend a Apple service dealer in Virginia?
>
> I can't help you with a local dealer. But if you if you are willing
> to order from an on-line vendor, I'd recommend http://www.PBparts.com
>
>> I have had bad luck with third party batteries. The one I go in new this
>> week does not charge. Does not charge in a VST charger or the PowerBook.
>> Vendor does not answer phone calls, so I have contacted my Charge Card
>> company.
>
> Some 3rd-party batteries have bad reputations. I have heard good
> things about batteries from Newer Tech, if you don't want to pay the
> price for an genuine Apple battery.
>
> Good Luck,
>

> Bob

Laptops-Battery.com used to have Wallstreet batteries that were just above
$100.

I just made a search and here is what I found:

http://www.laptops-battery.com/catalog/product_info.php/manufacturers_id/3/p
roducts_id/5403

Or

http://tinyurl.com/3mqv3

Where are you located in Virginia?

-Laurent.
Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

geek n.: A person who has chosen concentration rather than conformity; one
who pursues skill (especially technical skill) and imagination, not
mainstream social acceptance. Geeks usually have a strong case of neophilia.
Most geeks are adept with computers and treat hacker as a term of respect,
but not all are hackers themselves - and some who are in fact hackers
normally call themselves geeks anyway, because they (quite properly) regard
`hacker' as a label that should be bestowed by others rather than
self-assumed.