I just remembered...My Pismo w/ an LG DVD unit stopped recognizing the dvd's/cd's immediately after I updated to 10.3.5 last summer....I called AC Tech and raised hell about it and was told that it was just a coincidence and that the update had absolutely nothing to do with the failure and that I could replace the LG for $379..which I would not do..Since there are reports of this same thing happening with .8 I am going to call again and raise hell about it...
Mike K

Rad Craig wrote:

I did post, a couple of different posts actually and found a link on the net talking about the same problem with no fix, or nothing listed worked. It happened on two different pismos I had. They worked fine on .3.6, but as soon as .3.7 was loaded, it would no longer recognize CDs. Maybe it was specific to a certain batch of Pismos, but it was definitely a problem. I was setting both of those machines up from scratch, fresh partitions, fresh installs.

Rad Craig,
Induction Concepts,
High Performance Twin Turbo Systems
http://www.inductionconcepts.com