> on 13/02/05 12:37, Amber R. at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
>> Marcin,
>>
>> On 13-Feb-05, at 12:57 AM, Marcin Wichary wrote:
>>>

>>> I think it's not only you. In my case I also narrowed it down to power
>>> adapter -- if I disconnected it while my PB was sleeping, it was much
>>> more likely that it wouldn't wake up.
>>>
>>> With time I learnt the proper procedure: unplug everything and *then*
>>> close the lid.
>>>
>>> Didn't install 10.3.8 yet, but in any case, I am also afraid of
>>> testing this. :)
>>
>> My 15" PB will not wake up if it goes to sleep anytime that the power
>> adapter is not connected.   So even if the  battery is fully charged
>> and I unplug it to work elsewhere in the house,  if it is left
>> unattended for a few minutes and goes to sleep,  I will not be able to
>> wake it up.   The only way to use it again after that is to plug it in
>> and turn it back on.
>>
>> Not a problem at home (although a major hassle !) but when on an
>> airplane or bus or even at a cafe,  I cannot let it fall asleep or
>> that's it unless I have access to a power outlet.
>>

> I don't know if your 15" PB is a Titanium or the Aluminum, but my 17" wakes
> just fine if it goes to sleep while on the battery. It will wake up fine
> whether it's still running on the battery or if plugged to the AC adapter.
> Running 10.3.8...
>
> -Laurent.

This might be related to the Battery monitor issue. Somewhere during the
updates some people lost battery time or had their PowerBooks shut down
early with the batterys showing 1/2 power or so.

Try resetting the power manager unit for your machine.
Try deleting the .plist file file for battery monitor (not sure of name).
Try deleting the battery monitor off the menu and using a shareware/freeware
monitor. I use Slim Battery Monitor.

One of these solutions should cure your wake from sleep issue.

John

--
Pinky, you've left the lens cap on on your mind again
- Brain