Sometimes they are fine, but your chances of trouble are reduced by going with
mature product.

Rev A on the 12" powerbook had serious heat issues and bottom cases that
warped,
making the machine wobble on a flat surface.  SOme did it, some didn't, but the
problem is much reduced on the Rev B, which also runs much cooler.

Andrew