At 12:41 AM -0600 2/24/05, Dyna wrote:
. Time and again, when you compare Macintosh with similarly
equipped PeeCees, most of the time, the Peecees end up being far more
expensive than the Mac.

-Laurent.

Perhaps I should clarify that I'm largely comparing hardware here- I have refused gifts of bootleg Windoze with no regrets! Looking Mac and PC hardware these days one finds that a lot of the parts (hard drives, optical drives, memory, etc.) are the same. The Power PC is clearly a more powerful and efficent processor, but the PC processor will none the less handle most people's computing tasks capably. As for build quality, many Macs are now built by the same subcontractors that make PCs so there is no Mac advantage.

There is a lot more to quality than who builds it. Engineering is far more important.

-- Clark Martin Redwood City, CA, USA Macintosh / Internet Consulting