My Reply follows quote. On 26/02/2005 05:46 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

>I would try a different hub, They are usually pretty cheap. Sounds like a
>power adapter issue. I have a 4 port hub on my pismo and have newer had any
>issues. Good luck, Kevin
>
>On 2/26/05 2:41 AM, "Zoltan Batiz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>------------------------------
>> Hello all,
>>

>> I've been having strange power problems with my 4 port USB hub.  It's a
>> "Newpoint" hub; generic brand I bought at Costco several years ago.
>> It's never given me problems, until now.  I am starting this thread to
>> see if the other opinions here in this list agree with me that it is
>> the hub and not (gulp), my Pismo itself.
>>
>> Here's the symptoms:
>>
>> The system boots up fine, and usually there's no sign of any trouble.
>> But then I look over at the hub, which is plugged into my Pismo.  This
>> is a powered hub, so it's got an AC adapter which is plugged in.
>> Sometimes, the hub lights are dim. . .indicating not enough power to
>> the ports.  Sure enough, I tested this by popping a Zip disk into my
>> USB powered Zip drive, and nothing. . .doesn't work unless it has
>> enough power.  So I've jiggled the plug in the back of the hub, and
>> everything powers up as expected, along with the dim indicator lights
>> gleaming back up to their full brightness, indicating proper power
>> levels.
Looks to me as though either the power connector on the board inside
the hub is loose, or that the connector on the end of the power cord
from the power adapter is bad. The cheapest fix to try is to buy a
replacement connector for the cord, install and test. The next would
be to pop open the hub and check the security of the connector on the
circuit board of the hub. It probably has a three prong attachment to
the board which may have broken loose. A light touch with a soldering
pencil may do the trick.

Ken