On Feb 26, 2005, at 12:41 AM, Zoltan Batiz wrote:

So I've jiggled the plug in the back of the hub, and everything powers up as expected, along with the dim indicator lights gleaming back up to their full brightness, indicating proper power levels. Is my hub going bad and/or AC adapter for the hub going bad?

It;s a loose connection, sounds like. First thing I'd try is a different AC adapter, then if that didn't work I'd disassemble the hub and see if the connector in there was loose. Possibly the spring connection to the outer part of the plug has weakened or been bent back over time.

I have one of those Newpoint hubs...wish I'd bought more when they were around, it's worked like a champ.

Bruce