I think LaCie 's burner is a good choice as is the HP printer (I have one
myself). For the Analog Digital converter, take a look at Miglia products.
I've seen them at CompUSA, Mall, Zones, J&R, even SmallDog and OWC! There's
a $40 mail in rebate on the DC converter. If you don't want the full frame
by frame editability and simply, try their new Evolution TV box or their
current PCI DVR tuner card(if an internal solution will work for you).

I had not seen this post when I previously replied... this new Evolution TV box seems very promising and reasonably affordable.

Another option, also usb, is from Elgato. In addition to their EyeTV firewire products, they have just introduced EyeTV wonder usb. It seems to be even cheaper than the Miglia product.

Luis Sequeira