HI G-bookers

Just got myself a second-hand Bookendz docking station for my beloved Pismo. A couple of issues and queries I'd beg your collective advice about:
* ethernet connection is flaky. Will be worked around by going wireless. Twould be nice to sort it though - any thoughts?

* if and when I can afford in a processor upgrade (drooling at the thought of 1GHz!), does anyone recommend using a tilt-stand with a fan to blow cool air onto the underside of the Pismo. Has anyone tried a combination of a Bookendz and a fanned tilt-stand? If so, was it good for you?

* In the meantime, I'm thinking of getting a monitor stand so that an external (flatscreen) monitor can sit above the closed, docked Pismo. If you scroll to the bottom of this page of Dell accessories you'll see the sort of thing I mean: http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/topics/topic.aspx/emea/topics/products/guides/latit?c=uk&cs=ukbsdt1&l=en&s=bsd&~section=004

Do you have any recommendations for buying such a gizmo or is it time to flex my woodwork "skills"?

thanks

Bruce