Clark Martin wrote:

At 9:53 PM -0500 3/21/05, Laurent Daudelin wrote:

My daughter has a 1GHz G4, 12" iBook with the combo drive. She is running OS
X of course. I just realized something odd: when she watches a movie in DVD
Player, even if she chooses "Full screen", the background gets black but the
picture stays about half the screen.

Is this normal for that model? I've tried everything I could think of, the
image never extends to the width or height of the screen. How can that be?

Have you tried Command-0 (Zero) and Command-F. Command-0 makes the window fill the screen, Command-F takes over the screen.

SIMPLE SOLUTION.....
Look at the DVD case..(I presume that we are talking about commercial dvd's) ..Commercial movies are made in both full and wide screen formats...The widescreen will give you the black above and below the screen...You may have to look on the bottom back of the case to see which version it is...Some have it in a broadband across the front top...
iMac SE 400 10.3.8 Pismo 10.3.8
Hope this helps..
Mike K